April 17, 2010
Posted by on
I don’t really have anything clever to say. Well, I do, I’m just not in the mood to say it because these new bifocal glasses are making me feel like I’m hallucinating. Everything looks like it’s in front of a funhouse mirror, which, for me, is not so much fun.
I will say this though: I woke up last weekend on my “pig-out day” wanting waffles. I just got up in the morning last Saturday and thought to myself, “I want waffles today!” After about 45 minutes of scouring the internet, I gave up on finding a sufficiently healthy waffle recipe and just made some pancakes. (Why was I looking for a healthy recipe on my binge day? Hell if I know.)
Anyhow, today I decided to suck it up and ad-lib some healthy waffles. The first one was flat and yucky but, I got the second one right and it stayed poofy. Mekkie like poofy waffles.
Waffles (made about 1 in my iron)
- About 2T soy protein powder (I used vitamin shoppe brand)
- About 2T flour of choice (I think mine was barley or buckwheat or something. I very stupidly forgot to write which kind it was on the bulk food tag)
- 1/2t. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/12 c. Egg Beaters (or non-brand name eggbeaters)
- 2-3oz yogurt (I used vanilla kroger carb master
- 1T applesauce
- 1t. extract (I went for coconut)
→Preheat waffle iron. Spray (w/nonstick) or oil waffle iron very well.
Mix all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry.
Put in waffle maker.