December 7, 2009
Posted by on
Note to self: Avoid sitting on flimsy desks or you’re going to end up on the floor with a desk on top of you.
And that is painful.
Look at the pretty pomegranate seeds!
Fruity, Nutty and Cheesy Couscous
- pomegranate seeds (so worth the trouble)
- goat cheese, crumbled
- pumpkin seeds, toasted of course
- FRESH cilantro and/or mint, chopped
- lime juice, preferably fresh
- pomegranate molasses or, if you have no idea what the hell that is, just use balsamic vinegar (see UPDATE)
- olive oil if you’re a “put olive oil in your dressing” sort of person, which I, being fat phobic am most obviously not
→Prepare couscous as directed on package (for an extra kick, use veggie stock in place of water). Fluff with fork after prepared.
Once couscous is ready, stir in dressing*
Add the cilantro/mint, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and goat cheese (no substitutions on the goat cheese!)
Stir until well combined.
Chill because this tastes horrible warm.
*NOTE: For every 1/2c of dry couscous, make a dressing of about 1/2T lime juice and 1/2T balsamic vinegar. I have no idea how much oil you would add seeing as how I try to avoid the stuff as much as I can.
The amounts of the other ingredients are relative to the flavor you want. For about 1/2c. dry couscous, I used about half a pomegranate, 4oz of goat cheese and 1-2T pumpkin seeds.
UPDATE (12/12/09): Something was off with this recipe so I tried adding some pineapple juice. It helped, but not all the way. You need something to offset the sour, orange juice perhaps?