Another Sandwich Featuring “Grass”
April 25, 2009
Posted by on
Since I just recently started to get used to the 8-11 hour days (as opposed to the 3 hour days of classes that I didn’t go to half the time), I decided it might be a good idea to take a sandwich to work instead of the endless slew of protein bars. After all, depending on what you have in your fridge, it’s not all that hard to make a sandwich that has a fewer number of calories (okay, fine, the same) than the 100-150 calorie protein bar. Plus you can always toss a serving of vegetables in there. Yes, a sandwich will do just fine today, I thought to myself.
So I proceeded to make myself the first sandwich that came to mind: 2 slices of 35 calorie bread, a couple slices of veggie ham or turkey or something, a slice of fat free cheese and some alfalfa sprouts (my favorite ingredient). I put the sandwich in a little container and drove off to work. Unfortunately, my coworker didn’t agree on the culinary appeal of sprouts so, as I took a bite, she yelled out, “Are you eating GRASS?”
To which I could only burst out laughing.
Another Boot’s Rip-off Serves 1
1. hummus (I use about a quarter cup of Basha’s Lemon Lovers)
2. shredded carrots (shred them yourself or buy matchstick carrots from meijer)
3. arugula (or my favorite cheap standby: spinach + black pepper)
4. sprouts (alfalfa for me, as always)
5. bread or wrap (I like to use low calorie flat outs or damascus flax roll ups)
→bread, hummus, carrots, arugula, sprouts. roll it up